As a foundation, we believe in the importance of post-secondary education and want every student to have the resources available to continue their education after high school. We have two scholarship programs: Multiple Scholarship Applications Incentive and Student Intern Scholarship.
Multiple Scholarship Applications Incentive
We want to encourage students to apply for as many scholarships as possible. As an incentive, the foundation is offering ($500-$1,000) scholarships to students who apply for multiple scholarships.* To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- Be a current South Summit High School student;
- Have a plan to pursue post-secondary education;
- Be in good academic standing and on-track for graduation;
- Have applied for a minimum of five (5) scholarships.
In addition to the scholarship application, applicants must submit:
- One letter of recommendation from an educator at South Summit;
- One letter of recommendation from someone you know;
- A brief essay as to why you want to further your education beyond high school;
- A brief essay as to what it means for you to represent South Summit and our community as you further your education beyond high school.
*five scholarships = $500; seven scholarships = $750; ten scholarships = $1,000; you only need to have applied for the scholarships, you do not need to have won any. The Foundation reserves the right to determine scholarship validity.
Applications are also available at high school counselor’s office and the district office. Applications, essays and letters of recommendation must be submitted to Jodi Jones by the deadline: 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 21, 2017.
Public Relations/Education Foundation Director
285 E. 400 S.
Kamas, UT 84036
435-783-4301 ext 4107