As a foundation, we believe in the importance of post-secondary education and want every student to have the resources available to continue their education after high school. We have two scholarship programs: Multiple Scholarship Applications Incentive and Student Intern Scholarship.
Multiple Scholarship Applications Incentive
We want to encourage students to apply for as many scholarships as possible. As an incentive, the foundation is offering ($500-$1,000) scholarships to students who apply for multiple scholarships.* To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- Be a current South Summit High School student;
- Have a plan to pursue post-secondary education;
- Be in good academic standing and on-track for graduation;
- Have applied for a minimum of five (5) scholarships.
In addition to the scholarship application, applicants must:
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a South Summit School District reference;
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a personal reference;
- Complete two (2) hours volunteer time with the Foundation.
*five scholarships = $500; seven scholarships = $750; ten scholarships = $1,000; you only need to have applied for the scholarships, you do not need to have won any. The Foundation reserves the right to determine scholarship validity.
Applications will be available online beginning January 22, 2018. Application and letters of recommendation must be submitted by the deadline: 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 20, 2018. Volunteer service must be completed prior to graduation or funds may not be released. (Foundation Director, Jodi Jones, will contact you to schedule volunteer time.)
Public Relations/Education Foundation Director
285 E. 400 S.
Kamas, UT 84036
435-783-4301 ext 4107